"Time to read and re-read another [GellerPowerful Radio]
book. I love what [Valerie] has to say."
- Chris Little, News Director
KFI, Los Angeles
"I just sent copies (of "Beyond Powerful Radio")
to all of our PD's across the Country! Another great book
- Dave Farough, VP Brands &
Corus Entertainment, Inc.
"I've just been nominated for Speech Broadcaster of the
Year for (UK) the Sony Radio Awards - up against best of
the nationals. It's the Beyond Powerful Radio
methods that got me here.
- Liz Green, Talk Show Host
BBC Radio Leeds, UK
YOUR AUDIENCE - Increase your ratings! Work with
LifeStage Demographics: Know your audience and how they listen.
PROGRAMMING - Build exciting programming - even
on dull news days - with proven techniques to guide programmers
and talent to the next level of performance.
MULTI-PLATFORM PRESENTATION - No longer "just
radio..." Learn techniques to work effectively using internet
radio, social media, You Tube, and more to deliver content,
promote and grow your audience.
NEWS - Write & deliver powerful news. Learn
multiple version and interview techniques and much more.
CITIZEN JOURNALISM - Interactive media means
involving the public. Learn the best and most effective and
credible ways to use your audience for new and original content.
PERSONALITY - Identify winning talent. Develop
strong air personalities. Learn to manage high ego talent and
motivate your staff to do their best.
TALK - Secrets to improve your show. Learn
powerful radio interview techniques and ways to make the talk win
STORYTELLING - There are NO boring stories, only BORING
storytellers. Break down the walls between news and entertainment
radio. Creative methods to easily write and deliver complex,
detailed stories or issues using the multi-version method, learn
techniques to move up to the next level as a powerful storyteller!
- Learn methods to spread the word about your station and write
powerful copy for more effective promos and commercials.
& COMMERCIALS - Learn proven techniques to "get the
buy" then go on to write good copy FAST.
- Methods to use the airwaves to raise money for charity, good
causes, emergencies and raising money to stay on-air.
AIRCHECKING - Find and develop talent. A
comprehensive step-by-step guide to show prep and effective
Chapters show up in the audio book --
only as numbers, so if you're looking for something
specific, you may find the following "navigational map"
with the correlating chapters useful -- to help you more
easily find what you need to become a more powerful
communicator and to more fully use this book:
Opening By Valerie Geller
2 Foreword by Tom Taylor, read by Barbara Blake
3 Powerful Communicator - Quick Start Pages TOOLS - Creating Content
Across Any Platform
4. Creating Powerful Content - No Longer "Just Radio"
5. Are you a Generator or a Reactor?
6. Personality Radio, Morning Shows
7. From Rock to Talk (and anyone who wants to do a talk
8. Local vs. National Programming
9. Performance & Formatics: Now that You're On the
10. Finding & Developing Talent
12. Managing High Ego Talent
13. Avoiding Burnout
14. Show Prep
15. Producers - Facing the Blank Page
16. Talk Shows
17. Call Screening
18. Interview Techniques - for Journalists, Talk show
Hosts & Music Personalities
19. Public Service
20. Becoming a Powerful Storyteller
21. Your Voice - Improving Your Instrument News Chapters
22. Creating Powerful News
23. In Case of Emergency - What to do
24. Citizen Journalism
25. Traffic & Weather Together
27. News Anchoring
28. Multi-version News
29. Integrating News & Talk
30.. Integrating TV, Radio & the Web Working Across
31. Audio Communication Across Multiple Delivery
- Broadcasting, Streaming, Video, Social Media,
Podcasting, and Beyond... Marketing Content
33. Branding - Building Your Brand Beyond Radio Making Money
34. Sales and Commercials
35. Fundraising and Giving Understanding the
36. LifeStage Demographics
38. Final Notes
39. Thank you and Acknowledgements
40. About the Author -
41. End. Copyrights.
MEET THE AUTHOR! "BEYOND
POWERFUL RADIO" SOLD OUT AT THE NAB BOOKSTORE.
What Rob thinks about
Creating Powerful Radio
Why Powerful Radio News
and Broadcast Journalism is important: Here's Valerie
Geller interviewed at the NPOX Journalism Conference
in Hilversum, Holland
Beyond Powerful Radio
Part I - Valerie Geller Talks with Mark Ramsey.
In part one of this two-part
* How do you create powerful radio
via compelling personality?
* How do you avoid being boring?
* What are listeners really interested in?
* What are the most common mistakes the talent makes?
* What's the first thing an on-air talent should do to